singing4u

Monday, May 01, 2006

Worried
I am a bit worried at the moment. For the last six years I have been spoiled with a new medication called Enbrel, it helps with the inflatmmation of the joints for people with RA. It works brillantly I've been feeling great, my doctor says I look great, my joints that is. Anyways, I have been using my current insurance for awhile but it expires for the Enbrel this month. My beneifts don't kick in for my current job till June. This injections aren't very cheap which is scaring me because I will not be able to afford them. Plus I don't know if when I do get my benefits how much will be covered. So yeah I am worried, I've been calling the insurance people, and my RA doctor but am not getting the answers I need. Its qutie frustrating. I know that if I were to totally not have insurance that it would be $1500 a box, there is no way that I can do that. So if you all can remember please pray . Thanks.

7 Comments:

  • I'm praying for that, Cela.

    By Blogger Johnathan, at 8:05 AM  

  • Lord,
    I just lift up Cela to you right now. Please grant her peace as she deals with this insurance change. Lord, just continue to remind her of your presence and your work in her life. Bless her abundantly. Lord, she needs your power right now. Provide for her either in healing or in financial stability. Thank you Lord. Pour over Cela your Love and Grace. In Jesus Holy Name, Amen.

    By Blogger Stacey L., at 8:04 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger lewissmith8548447133, at 8:01 AM  

  • I'm praying Cela- God is going to cover you!

    Love you,

    Cole

    By Blogger B and N, at 9:01 AM  

  • Cela-
    For newer drugs like Enbrel, the drug companies will often have patient assistance programs for people who are having a hard time getting their insurance to pay. You can contact the drug company (I think it's Wyeth- I'm sure you know) and let them know what is going on an they may be able to give you samples or be able to suggest other ways that they can help. I got this number from a doctor I'm working with: 1-888-4ENBREL
    Maybe that will help!

    By Blogger B and N, at 9:09 AM  

  • HI CELA!!! How's it going with getting it covered?

    By Blogger Luke, at 2:02 PM  

  • Hey Cela! I have a blog now too! (www.On-Wings-Like-Eagles.blogspot.com)

    I will definitely keep you in my prayers!

    I thought I would share something with you as it sounds like you're dealing with a similar situation:

    I struggle with an anxiety disorder that I've been on medication for, for the past 4 years. I, too, don't have insurance and after a lot of praying and worrying, I felt that it would be best for me, financially, to slowly stop taking it. The medication I was taking is one of the hardest to get off of. I struggled with a lot of worry and stress. Still do. But it's been 15 days since I've taken anything and while I'm struggling a great deal, I know that God is with me and I know that He is more powerful than any drug a doctor could ever perscribe. So I pray that God would bring comfort on you and perhaps an open door with your insurance. God will provide. However, if your insurance doesn't come through, Cela, I pray for healing. Miraculous healing. There is no limit to what He can do if we just trust in him. I admire your faith and I hope it all works out for you.

    God Bless,

    Tia

    By Blogger On Wings Like Eagles, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home